Preparing for your Move: Cost-saving tips
Corrigan Moving Systems will work closely with you to provide a smooth transition process, and minimize stress, relocating to your new location. The first step in the move process is to perform a pre-move visual survey of your home, which will provide us with the details for your specific moving needs. We strongly recommend scheduling this at your earliest convenience. Our goal will be to assist you in customizing a moving plan to meet your personal needs as well as meet your budget.
Your basic moving charges will be based on the weight of the items moved, and the distance (mileage) the goods will travel. “Spring cleaning” is recommended for many reasons. Not only will you decrease the weight of your shipment, but it will also allow for a smoother and expedited settling-in process once you arrive at your destination.
- Suggestions for decluttering, and lowering your shipment weight:
- Sell unwanted items on websites
- Hold a garage sale
- Donate items to a local charity of your choice
- Donate non-perishable food items to a local foodbank, or ask us about the Move for Hunger program
- Performing “pre-packing” prior to move day. Start with the packing of non-breakable items such as: linens, clothing, books, kitchen items. You may purchase moving cartons and materials through our UniGroup agent or through your local Home Depot or Lowe’s. Take a moment to watch our “How-to-Pack” videos using the resource link provided below.
- Service appliances prior to move day: Third Party Home Services such as Appliance Disconnect/Reconnects, and TV Wall Mount Removals/Remounts can be scheduled by your Move Coordinator. These services will prepare certain household goods items for packing and transport to your new home.